Kevin M. Murtagh
Kevin represents senior and mezzanine lenders in asset-based lending transactions, other commercial finance transactions, real estate financing transactions, restructurings, and workouts. Kevin is a member of the firm’s executive committee and works out of both the firm's Boston and New York City offices. Kevin regularly handles a broad range of lending transactions, working directly on all aspects of the transactions and playing a key role in supervising other attorneys in his practice areas. Much of his work centers on the representation of the agent in multi-lender asset-based lending transactions, other commercial finance transactions, real estate finance transactions, real estate portfolio finance transactions, mezzanine finance transactions, asset-based transactions, loan restructurings, and workouts on a local, regional, and national scale.
In addition, he has donated his services to YouthBuild Boston in connection with its acquisition and funding for the renovations of its 504 Dudley Street project.
- Restructuring of mezzanine line of credit secured by pledges of partnership interests in 60 limited partnerships
- Foreclosure of membership interest pledge in mixed use real estate project
- Problem loan resolution leading to foreclosure of $30 million loan on a hotel project in Southwestern United States
- $800 million commercial mortgage-backed securities loan to retail company secured by liens on 135 properties in 29 states
- $251 million senior secured borrowing base revolver and term loan facility to a lumber company secured by liens on 90 properties in 21 states
- $160 million debtor-in-possession secured borrowing base revolver and term loan facility to a furniture company
- $140 million commercial mortgage warehousing facility and $40 million stock acquisition facility
- $275 million secured revolver and term loan facility to finance the acquisition of a Major League baseball franchise
- Speaking Engagements
- Boston Bar Association, February 15, 2011 seminar, panelist - "Commercial Real Estate Outlook for 2011: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!"
- Real Estate Finance Association, October 29, 2009 seminar, speaker - "Understanding Mezzanine Loans in Troubled Times"
- Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Finance Committee (Real Estate Section); January 13, 2009 seminar, panelist - "Workouts and Foreclosures"
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- State of New York
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Duke University, A.B., 1988