Alan L. Braunstein
In his practice, Alan concentrates on bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. He was appointed by the United States Trustee’s Office and the United States Bankruptcy Court as a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee and a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Examiner. In addition, he was named a Federal Court Receiver by the U.S. Federal District Court, on the recommendation of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Alan has represented numerous trustees throughout New England. He routinely represents debtors, creditors’ committees, landlords, unsecured creditors, and secured lenders in bankruptcy cases of publicly and privately held corporations throughout the Northeast.
Cases Of Interest
- Rome v. Braunstein (In re: Chestnut Hill Mortgage Company), 158 B.R. 547 (Bankr. D. Mass. 1993).
- In re: Arnold Print Works, Inc., 815 F.2d 165 (1st Cir. 1987).
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- Children’s Educational Task Force of the Boston Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- Bankruptcy Depositions (Juris Pub. Co., 2001)
- Massachusetts Methods of Practice, Vol. 5 (Bankruptcy) (West Group, 2000)
- Massachusetts Methods of Practice, Annual Pocket Parts (Bankruptcy) (West, 1996-present)
- Commercial Law League of America, Newsletter Case Analysis, (Nov. 2001)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1985
- Columbia University, M.A. 1976, Ed.M., 1977
- Skidmore College, B.A., 1975