Serving as outside general counsel to a wide variety of entities to work with them to resolve the day-to-day legal issues that impact their businesses through all phases of the business cycle
Riemer & Braunstein’s business lawyers provide representation to a diverse group of businesses and their owners. Our attorneys are trained through decades of relevant experience to serve as outside general counsel to a wide variety of companies and other entities, and to work with them to resolve the day-to-day legal issues that impact their businesses through all phases of the business cycle; furnishing each client, large or small, with practical legal advice and skilled representation. We work closely with other areas of the firm to draw upon the expertise and talent available to serve our clients.
We strive to understand the workings of our clients’ businesses and the critical decision-making that goes into fueling their success. Our goal is to be a trusted advisor, and our commitment is to be responsive to our clients’ needs and to add value to their endeavors.
Our broad range of clients include closely-held businesses, whether held by a single family or a group of unrelated individuals, individual entrepreneurs, and larger businesses of all types. Their industries include financial services, manufacturing, high tech, sales, real estate development, construction, management, investment, finance, and professional services. We also represent overseas companies in establishing U.S. based subsidiaries and operations.
Range of ServicesMoreLess
- Counseling startups as well as mature enterprises
- Entity formation
- Transactional representation, including negotiating and drafting business agreements and contracts of all types including partnership, joint venture, and finance agreements, as well as documentation of business relationships with suppliers, vendors, customers, and investors
- Employment law and counseling, including termination and retention, nondisclosure, confidentiality, noncompetition, wage and hour audits and litigation, handbooks and policies, and advising clients relative to ERISA and employee benefit issues, and handling administrative procedures and arbitrations
- Business acquisitions and divestitures, sales and liquidations
- Corporate reorganizations, including mergers and consolidations
- Tax advice and succession planning
- Representation of real estate development and construction companies at all stages of the real estate development and construction process, including negotiating and drafting real estate joint venture, development and construction agreements