Kevin is co-chair of the firm’s Commercial Finance practice, and he is also a member of the firm’s executive committee. He regularly practices out of the firm’s Boston and New York offices, representing banks and other financial institutions in structuring and documenting commercial finance transactions on a local, regional and national basis. He handles a broad range of deals for clients working directly on all aspects of their transactions in various sectors of the commercial finance industry, including, high-tech and life sciences, retail, sports lending, lender finance, and manufacturing. Kevin also plays a key role supervising and mentoring other attorneys in his practice area.
The transactions that Kevin handles involve representing single lenders as well as agents in large complex multi-lender arrangements. In addition, he represents clients which provide working capital loan facilities on an asset-based and cash flow basis, term loan facilities, and financing for other leveraged acquisitions, on a first and second lien basis. Kevin also works with clients to resolve problem commercial loans, including workouts, restructurings and debtor-in-possession financings and emergence facilities.
Kevin regularly attends industry programs and conferences and has also been a featured speaker and program panelist. In addition, Kevin is a founding partner of Boston Corporate Finance Community (BCFC), a collaboration of Boston-based companies active in the corporate finance community. BCFC was formally created in 2018 with the goal of establishing an annual and unique celebration that would serve as a premiere networking event for finance professionals in Boston and create a long-term partnership with More Than Words, an outstanding nonprofit organization serving local youth.
In The NewsMoreLess
- Riemer & Braunstein supports More Than Words – The firm continues to support More Than Words through our involvement with Boston Corporate Finance Community. Kevin Murtagh, a co-founder of BCFC, discusses the growth of BCFC’s annual fundraiser.
The Boston Globe, November 12, 2019
- Boston finance professionals join together to make a difference – In the spring of 2016, a few Boston corporate finance professionals attending a conference in New York City decided to meet for dinner to spend some quality time catching up. A wide variety of industry topics were discussed, and towards the end of the evening, the importance of the Boston corporate finance professionals giving back to their community became a lively topic of discussion. Soon after, the Boston Corporate Finance Community (BCFC) was founded by Cheryl Carner, Crystal Financial; Ken Frieze, Gordon Brothers; Keith Vercauteren, Wells Fargo and the authors, Ward Mooney, Crystal; and Kevin Murtagh, Riemer & Braunstein LLP.
The Secured Lender, June 19, 2019
- Riemer & Braunstein’s Kevin Murtagh collaborates to empower at-risk teens – Our partner Kevin Murtagh, and Ward Mooney, who is a pillar of the Boston corporate finance community, recently collaborated to bring together well over 300 members of the Boston corporate finance community to support a deserving Boston non-profit organization, More Than Words. This dinner, intended to be an annual event, raised almost $450,000 for this fine organization and was featured in an article in The Boston Globe.
The Boston Globe, October 23, 2018
- Boston Bar Association, “Commercial Real Estate Outlook for 2011: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!”, February, 2011
- Real Estate Finance Association, “Understanding Mezzanine Loans in Troubled Times”, October, 2009
- Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Finance Committee (Real Estate Section), “Workouts and Foreclosures”, January 2009