Our litigators possess an abundance of experience, a passion for client service, and a unique focus on and sensitivity to delivering a favorable client outcome at a reasonable cost
Riemer & Braunstein’s highly successful litigation practice is diversified, with an emphasis on commercial and business litigation. Our litigators possess an abundance of experience, a passion for client service, and a unique focus on, and sensitivity to, delivering a favorable client outcome at a reasonable cost.
We regularly represent clients in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, as well as before administrative and regulatory agencies, and in arbitration and mediation forums. We work with our clients to understand the nature of the dispute and formulate the optimal strategy for obtaining the best outcome, under the specific circumstances of each case.
Whether we are representing a large corporation, an individual business owner, an entrepreneur, a business executive, a small business, or an institutional client, our talented, aggressive and skilled litigators are committed to obtaining the best results in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Sometimes that means avoiding litigation. And when it doesn’t, we aggressively litigate the case to a resolution.
Our team is experienced in all aspects of the litigation process from pre-suit counseling, investigation and negotiations, through filing suit, appeals and post-judgment enforcement procedures.
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Environmental Law and Hazardous Waste Litigation
- Equitable Remedies
- Insurance Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
- Landlord-Tenant and Commercial Lease Disputes
- Lender Liability
- Partnership and Joint Venture Disputes
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Real Estate and Land Use Litigation
- Trusts and Estates Litigation Involving Will Contests and Fiduciary Litigation
Areas of ExpertiseMoreLess
- Representing financial institutions and others with a focus on creditors’ rights, such as pre-judgment remedies, equitable remedies (including reach and apply liens), fraudulent conveyance actions, receiverships, and post-judgment remedies
- Real estate and land use litigation, including representation of commercial property owners, developers, property managers, general contractors, subcontractors, bonding companies, and suppliers in all facets and levels of complexity
- Defending financial institutions and others against a broad range of claims, including lender liability actions, claims under Articles 2, 3, 4, and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, breach of contract claims, lien priority litigation involving both real estate and personal property, and responding to deposition and document subpoenas
- Representing clients in a wide range of Probate litigation matters involving allegations of undue influence, incompetency and fraud, family limited partnership disputes, trust reformation, modification and interpretation actions, as well as breach of fiduciary duty and removal actions
- Environmental matters, including complex and document-intensive litigation, response actions, the prosecution and defense of private actions for cost recovery and property damages, Superfund cases, and compliance with Massachusetts Chapter 21E and the Massachusetts Contingency Plan. Our litigation group won a $15.9 million jury verdict in a lengthy environmental property damage case.
- Representing clients in a broad range of bankruptcy litigation matters involving preference actions, fraudulent conveyance claims, claims brought by bankruptcy trustees and creditor’s committees, as well as actions on behalf of lenders to block debtor discharge or to challenge the dischargeability of debt
- Representing construction companies and owners in all manner of construction litigation, including construction defect claims, mechanic lien cases, and breach of contract claims;
- Representing clients in liability and negligence defense, such as premises liability, product liability, construction negligence, environmental defense, and tort claims
- Representing employers in labor and employment matters, including wrongful termination claims, discrimination claims, labor and employment benefits litigation, and covenants not to compete
- Representing partners, members, and individual shareholders in partnership and joint venture disputes, so-called business divorce actions, and business tort and fiduciary duty claims