Nationally recognized expertise representing banks and financial institutions across the full real estate finance spectrum
Real Estate Finance is the firm’s largest department, and operates seamlessly as a single practice group, with attorneys based in our Boston, New York, Chicago and Miami offices, representing national and regional banks and financial institutions across the full real estate spectrum.
Our attorneys have substantial experience and nationally-recognized expertise in project level financing for the construction and development of office buildings, hotels, residential condominiums and apartments, healthcare facilities, and retail and lifestyle centers. Our experience also extends to structuring financings for real estate investment trusts on a secured and unsecured basis, and representing lenders in fund finance matters, including subscription secured facilities.
We are also active in the representation of mezzanine real estate lenders and lenders in real estate portfolio financing. We have a particular recognized expertise in representing the agent in multi-lender real estate financing transactions. We participate in numerous industry organizations, and one of our partners, Joan Parsons, was president of CREW Boston, successor to New England Women in Real Estate, 2010 – 2011. The firm is also the national sponsor of the Real Estate Lenders’ Association.
In the Real Deal survey for July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, the firm was ranked No. 1 based on dollar volume for New York City commercial real estate loans (lender representation).
- Representation of the agent in a $525 million multi-lender senior portfolio facility involving the restructuring of a real estate holding company with a portfolio of approximately 250 properties
- Representation of the agent in a $125 million multi-lender construction loan of a research laboratory facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Representation of the agent in a $260 million multi-lender loan involving the construction of a luxury high-rise condominium in Manhattan
- Representation of the agent in a $316 million multi-lender loan involving the construction of a medical research facility in the Boston area
- Representation of the agent in a $630 million multi-lender construction loan of a life style center in New York
- Representation of the agent in a $1.25 billion multi-lender construction loan involving both conventional and bond financing for the construction of three luxury residential towers in Manhattan.
- Representation of the agent in a $600 million multi-lender loan involving the acquisition of a geographically diverse hotel portfolio
- Representation of the lender in a $15 million mezzanine loan facility for the acquisition of six retail shopping centers in Pennsylvania
- Representation of the agent in a $300 million subscription facility for a real estate acquisition fund
- Representation of the lender in a $10 million mezzanine letter of credit facility to provide support for an 80/20 bond issuance in connection with a residential condominium conversion project in Manhattan
- Numerous mortgage warehousing and servicing rights secured credit facilities to residential and commercial and multi-family mortgage banks
- Representation of the agent in a $336 million multi-lender loan involving the construction of a hotel, residential condominium, luxury apartment and retail facility in the Boston area
- Representation of the agent in a $100 million multi-lender secured line of credit to finance the acquisition by an investment fund of a diversified real estate portfolio
- Representation of agent in a $150 million real estate secured revolving credit facility for a retail UPREIT
- Representation of the agent in a $95 million multi-lender construction loan for the construction of a retail and office project in the Bronx, New York
Kevin J. Lyons
Richard I. Lefkowitz
(617) 880-3549; (212) 789-3104
Ronald N. Braunstein
Matthew N. Nash
(617) 880-3491; (312) 780-1191
Steven M. Klein