Peter practices in the area of commercial real estate development with an emphasis on leasing throughout the U.S., property management, condominium development, and construction contracting. He is experienced in all aspects of commercial leasing and has worked with various clients on their national leasing programs. Since first publication of the manual, Peter has been a contributing author to Lease Drafting in Massachusetts (MCLE, Inc. 4th ed. 2017) and periodically speaks at various conferences on commercial leasing. He is currently co-chair of the Commercial Leasing Section and a board member of the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts. Peter brings his experience to bear on the problems of unified drafting among the many interrelated clauses of commercial leases and among leases and the many other documents central to most commercial real estate transactions, including mortgages and loan agreements, ground leases, REAs, SNDAs, condominium documents and construction contracts.
Peter is the former general counsel for a Massachusetts-based telecommunications firm and its Russian affiliate, developers of long distance satellite communications in the Russian Federation, where he frequently travelled. He served for seven years as a member of the town of Sharon Conservation Commission. Peter is an avid cyclist and each year participates in the two-day Pan-Mass Challenge to raise funds for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education: Annually since 2012 seminar panelist / 2020 panel chair – “Negotiating and Drafting Office and Retail Leases”
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, in association with the Berkshire County Bar Association, June 2019, program moderator and panelist – “Intertwining Clauses in Commercial Leases – Problems of Unified Drafting”
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Spring Conference May 2018 seminar moderator and panelist – “Auditing and Administering Commercial Leases: Traps for the Unwary” (The Impact of Intertwined Lease Clauses)
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, July 2015 seminar panelist – “Fundamentals of Sublease, Assignments and SNDAs”
- Boston Bar Association/Real Estate Finance Committee, November 2010 panel moderator and panelist – “What You Should Know About Financeable Leases”
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Spring Conference May 2010 seminar panelist – “Should I Stay or Should I Go? – Ending the Landlord-Tenant Relationship in Troubled Times”
- National Retail Tenants Association, February 2009 webinar, panelist – “Your Landlord is Bankrupt – What Protection Do You Need?”
- New England Corporate Counsel Association, December 2008 seminar moderator and panelist – “Commercial Real Estate Leasing: Landlord’s and Tenant’s Perspectives”
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, February 2008 seminar panelist – “Negotiating Office Leases: Key Issues for Landlords and Tenants”
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Spring Conference May 2007 seminar panelist – “Essentials of Subleases and Leases”