Ron is the managing partner and loss prevention counsel of the firm’s New York office, which was opened in 2004. Ron serves as counsel to a wide range of businesses in all facets of their operations and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financing. Ron has an extensive background working with real estate developers and institutional and private real estate investors in structuring and restructuring their business dealings and relationships. In addition, he coordinates the wider range of services that other practice areas in the firm may provide for the firm’s corporate clients.
Ron also has considerable experience representing financial institutions in various types of corporate finance, real estate finance, capital markets, and workout activities. He has served as counsel to private and institutional sources of debt and equity financing, including structuring and documenting financing arrangements, investment vehicles and relationships, and restructuring, recapitalizing, and otherwise resolving financial and other problems arising under them.
- Represented provider of market value swaps supporting several different multi-billion dollar mortgage-backed commercial paper programs in resolving exposure resulting from program defaults
- Represented repurchase facility buyer in resolving defaulted mortgage loan and CMBS repurchase facility with seller and other institutional credit providers
- Has represented various national, regional and local financial institutions in workouts of real estate and commercial loans, which have included apartment complexes, restaurants, an auto loan finance company, a large urban multi-venue entertainment complex, a downtown parking facility, a clothing retailer, real estate developers, and equipment leasing companies, and have involved restructuring, litigation, foreclosures, deeds-in-lieu, and bankruptcies
- Represented lender in restructuring defaulted multi-borrower commercial whole loan, B-Note and mezzanine loan warehousing facility
- Represented institutional real estate equity investors in addressing sponsor defaults and equity restructuring in various investments
- Represented institutional lender in a variety of time share construction and receivable financing facilities, as lender, participant, agent, and co-lender, with respect to projects in Florida, Arizona, Virginia, and Nevada
- Represented mezzanine lender in multi-tranche, multi-building New York office building portfolio loan in sale of position, addressing intercreditor aspects, and structuring and documenting associated credit derivative arrangement
- Represented various U.S. and non-U.S. institutional real estate investors in acquiring ownership of or majority interests in office, retail, multi-family, and hospitality properties in Boston, New York, Chicago, and other parts of the U.S. and structuring joint ventures for the ownership and operation of those properties
- Represented a publicly held bank holding company in its purchase of a residential mortgage bank
- Counsel to a publicly held diversified technology company as borrower in refinancing and restructuring a $90.5 million credit facility, as well as to numerous commercial borrowers in new financing arrangements and refinancing of existing finance arrangements, including real estate and asset-based
- Represented lenders in mortgage warehousing and servicing rights secured credit facilities to residential and commercial/multi-family mortgage banks
- In several different transactions acted as counsel to the lead bank in the debt financing component of acquisitions of commercial mortgage banks and diversified real estate finance companies
- Represented a publicly held financial institution in establishing joint ventures with investment firms for acquiring and servicing financial assets