Adam has a wide range of experience representing public, private and institutional real estate investors, lenders, borrowers, REITs and private equity funds on all sides of the table in complex real estate transactions at various levels of the capital and debt stack, including mortgage and mezzanine financings, revolving credit and term loan facilities, joint ventures and private equity investments, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate, debt and equity interests, ownership consolidations and restructuring, development and management. He has advised clients on transactions on a national basis relating to a variety of real estate asset classes, including office, retail, mixed-use, single-family rental, mobile and manufactured housing, self-storage and hospitality.
- Advised one of the nation’s largest public self-storage REITs in connection with two joint venture transactions with institutional investors formed to acquire self-storage portfolios valued at $650 million and $1.325 billion, respectively, and a related $650 million mortgage financing, its $1.3 billion revolving line of credit and various term loan facilities totaling $600 million, several acquisitions of self-storage facilities and a related management platforms with portfolio values in excess of $100 million, ownership consolidation of over 200 self-storage facilities in preparation for its initial public offering and various operational matters over a 6-year period
- Advised a global investment firm in connection with a $150 million mezzanine loan to the indirect owner of one of the largest portfolios of single-family rental homes in the United States
- Advised a foreign institutional lender in connection with a $185 million mortgage loan to a joint venture secured by the ground leasehold interest in a Silicon Valley commercial property net-subleased to a leading video game developer
- Advised a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm in connection with an $100 million credit facility with a leading investment bank and an $150 million credit facility with a major life insurance company, each secured by a portfolio of single-family rental homes in 4 states
- Advised a foreign institutional lender in connection with a $275 million first priority mortgage loan encumbering the ground leasehold interest in Union Station in Washington, D.C.
- Advised an investor group in connection with the acquisition of a major business park in Colorado and a related $62.75 million mortgage loan
- Advised a leading alternative asset management firm opposite one of the world’s largest private equity firms in connection with its acquisition of an interest in a joint venture established to acquire, hold and resolve an approximately $400 million portfolio of distressed loans
- Advised a global asset manager in connection with its approximately $254 million acquisition of a trophy office building located just yards from the White House
- Advised a German pension fund in connection with its acquisition of a minority interest in a single-asset REIT established to acquire a $457 million office complex in Washington, D.C.
- Advised an Austrian investment management firm in connection with two profit participating loans relating to a general partnership interest in joint ventures owning certain five-star Hotels in Hawaii
- Advised a Japanese investment bank in connection with its acquisition of a $35 million mezzanine loan relating to an office building in Midtown Manhattan