Adam’s practice focuses on representing institutional lenders in bilateral and syndicated construction and permanent mortgage and mezzanine financings and operators and investors in joint venture transactions. Adam also has a wide range of experience advising clients in acquisitions and dispositions of real estate and debt and equity interests, general real estate and corporate operational matters, and ownership consolidations and restructurings. He has advised clients on transactions on a national basis relating to a variety of real estate asset classes, including office, industrial, retail, mixed-use, single-family rental, mobile and manufactured housing, self-storage and hospitality.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $155.7 million construction loan to a global asset management firm relating to a mixed use development in Waikiki, Hawaii
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $157.95 million term loan relating to a portfolio of eight self-storage facilities in New York and New Jersey
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $112 million mortgage loan and a $19.5 million mezzanine loan to a global asset management firm relating to an office building in Stamford, Connecticut
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $70 million mortgage loan and a $12.5 million mezzanine loan to a global asset management firm relating to an office building in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Represented a national real estate fund in connection with various joint ventures relating to multi-family properties throughout Florida opposite leading institutional investors
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $145 million construction loan relating to a mixed-used transportation hub in Ronkonkoma, New York
- Represented one of the nation’s largest public self-storage REITs in connection with two joint venture transactions with institutional investors formed to acquire self-storage portfolios valued at $650 million and $1.325 billion, respectively, and a related $650 million mortgage financing, its $1.3 billion revolving line of credit and various term loan facilities totaling $600 million, several acquisitions of self-storage facilities and related management platforms with portfolio values in excess of $100 million, ownership consolidation of over 200 self-storage facilities in preparation for its initial public offering and various operational matters over a 6-year period
- Represented a global investment firm in connection with a $150 million mezzanine loan to the indirect owner of one of the then-largest portfolios of single-family rental homes in the United States
- Represented a foreign institutional lender in connection with a $185 million mortgage loan to a joint venture secured by the ground leasehold interest in a Silicon Valley commercial property net-subleased to a leading video game developer
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm in connection with an $100 million credit facility with a leading investment bank and an $150 million credit facility with a major life insurance company, each secured by a portfolio of single-family rental homes in 4 states
- Represented a foreign institutional lender in connection with a $275 million first priority mortgage loan encumbering the ground leasehold interest in Union Station in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a leading alternative asset management firm opposite one of the world’s largest private equity firms in connection with its acquisition of an interest in a joint venture established to acquire, hold and resolve an approximately $400 million portfolio of distressed loans