Jon has an extensive background in real estate finance, economic development, land use and environmental law. For over 20 years, his practice has concentrated in representing the administrative agent in significant syndicated commercial mortgage transactions nationwide, comprising both permanent and construction financings secured by a full range of investment assets, including office, hospitality, condominium, shopping center and multifamily properties. Jon has also represented clients in the acquisition and development of commercial and residential properties (including brownfields), and provided advice regarding economic development incentives and other government relations matters based on his experience with various New York State and City agencies and authorities.
Earlier in his career, with the New York State Urban Development Corp. (now Empire State Development), Jon was responsible for significant public/private real estate projects, including sports facilities, mixed-use waterfront developments, and IDA transactions, structuring their financing and transactional documents and managing land use and environmental reviews. Originally a prosecutor, Jon has litigated white-collar criminal and civil matters, including appeals, in the New York state and federal courts.
- Represented administrative agent/lead lender in origination of a $500 million acquisition/construction loan for a luxury condominium project, New York, NY
- Represented administrative agent/lead lender in origination of a $318 million acquisition/construction loan for a JW Marriott/TPC Golf Resort, San Antonio TX
- Represented administrative agent/lead lender in origination of a $156 million construction loan for a mixed residential cooperative/school project, New York, NY
- Represented administrative agent/lead lender in origination of an $117 million acquisition/construction loan for a mixed residential/retail project, Fort Lee, NJ
- Represented administrative agent/lead lender in origination and restructuring of a $224 million construction loan for a regional shopping center, Milwaukee, WI
- Represented seller in sale of the Park Hyatt Stanhope Hotel, New York, NY
- Represented owner in conversion of a South Beach art deco hotel to boutique retail, Miami Beach, FL
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of a 200-acre brownfield property from IBM Corp., Kingston, NY