Real Estate Finance
O: (212) 789-3141
F: (212) 719-0140
Jon’s practice focuses primarily on real estate lending transactions. He represents financial institutions and other institutional clients in connection with single-lender and agented, multi-lender construction, mezzanine, and permanent financing projects on a local, regional, and national basis. Jon has particular experience in structuring and documenting large, syndicated construction loans, as well as financings that are compliant with Islamic law (Shari’ah), including ijara structures. His practice also entails representation of borrowers, developers, landlords, equity investors and holders of other interests in a broad spectrum of commercial real estate matters.
Jon is heavily involved in the promotion and development of youth baseball in local communities. He volunteers his service as a member of the Executive Board of Directors of White Plains Little League and has served several terms as President of the non-profit organization.
- Representation of the agents in over $2 billion of syndicated loans involving the construction and development of a large commercial office and retail campus in midtown Manhattan
- Representation of the agent in a $1.5 billion syndicated loan for the ground-up construction of a trophy office building in New York City
- Representation of an equity investor in the purchase and subsequent sale of a $1.5 billion joint venture interest in two trophy office buildings in New York City
- Representation of a borrower in an $800 million debt restructuring, including (i) admission of 50/50 joint venture partner, (ii) discounted payoff of entire mezzanine stack and (iii) restructuring of mortgage debt
- Representation of the agent in a $425 million syndicated loan involving the refinance of a portfolio of commercial office buildings in Houston
- Representation of the agent in a $170 million loan involving the Shari-ah compliant (ijara) financing of a commercial office building in Seattle
- Representation of the purchaser/borrower in connection with (i) the purchase of a Hawaiian beach and golf resort out of securitization (utilizing fair value purchase option as rake bond holder), (ii) implementing “OpCo/PropCo” master lease structure and (iii) related debt restructuring