Joseph has a wide range of experience representing public, private and institutional real estate investors, lenders, borrowers, and private equity funds in complex real estate transactions at various levels of the capital and debt stack, including mortgage and mezzanine financings, revolving credit and term loan facilities, joint ventures and private equity investments, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate, and debt and equity interests. He has advised clients on transactions on a national basis relating to a variety of real estate asset classes, including office, retail, mixed-use, single-family rental, self-storage and hospitality. Joseph has also represented clients in secondary market transactions, including loan purchases, loan sales, securitizations and syndications.
- Represented the administrative agent and the syndicate of lenders in the origination of a $308 million term loan secured by a 51-property industrial portfolio spread across seven states
- Represented the administrative agent and the syndicate of lenders in connection with a $215 million construction-to-permanent loan secured by a to-be-constructed mixed-use property located in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
- Represented a national bank as administrative agent and lead lender in connection with the syndicated leasehold construction financing of a multi-family apartment project in Miami, Florida
- Represented a commercial bank in the origination of a $111 million construction loan for construction of a new, single-tenant, build-to-suit office building in Washington, D.C.
- Represented the administrative agent and the syndicate of lenders in connection with a $95 million construction loan secured by a to-be-constructed multifamily property located in Palm Beach, Florida
- Represented the lender in connection with a credit facility secured by a portfolio of multifamily properties located throughout the U.S.
- Represented the mortgage/mezzanine lender in a $175 million mortgage loan and $55 million mezzanine loan involving the acquisition of a property in Sunnyvale, California; represented the senior lender is the subsequent sale and assignment of the mezzanine loan
- Represented a developer in entering into a joint venture with a private equity fund, in the site acquisition and financing of a to-be-constructed mixed-use development in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Represented a national bank in connection with a loan secured by a retail center in Tucson, Arizona
- Represented the sponsor in its entering into a joint venture with a private equity fund, and in the acquisition and agency financing of a multifamily property in Winter Park, Florida
- Represented the sponsor in its entering into a joint venture with an institutional investor, and in the acquisition and $43 million Freddie Mac financing of 261 condominium units in Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Represented the sponsor in entering into two separate joint ventures with institutional investors, and in a $325 million one year bridge mortgage loan and $100 million mezzanine loan for the refinancing of a portfolio of mixed-use properties in Brooklyn, New York