Julia is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Finance Group. She represents a diverse set of clients, including property developers, equity investors, operators, purchasers, sellers, lenders, and borrowers in all aspects of transactional commercial real estate, with a focus on representing institutional lenders in all aspects of real estate finance transactions.
Julia regularly advises commercial and investment banks, investment funds, insurance companies and various other institutional lending clients in connection with mortgage financings, mezzanine financings, construction financings, subordinated debt structures, preferred equity participations, synthetic financing ground leases, public bond offerings and capital markets issuances (including securitized, warehouse, and conduit financing) secured by various real estate asset classes, including office, retail, residential, industrial, hospitality and health care in New York City and throughout the United States. Over the years, Julia has guided her clients through varying economic conditions and her practice includes origination, acquisition, disposition, participation, securitization, restructuring, workout and foreclosure of all such financing structures and asset classes.
In addition, Julia also routinely advises clients on various other commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets, debt secured by real estate assets, real estate holding companies and real-estate investment fund interests, opportunity zone and historic tax credit investments, joint ventures, real estate fund formation and fund raising with respect to all types of real estate assets (including office, retail, residential, industrial, hospitality and health care) throughout the United States and abroad.
- Represented one of the largest U.S. institutional lenders in the origination, disposition, restructuring and workout of over 100 various types of real estate bridge financings, including, mortgage and mezzanine loans, construction loans, synthetic financing ground leases and preferred equity investment secured by hotel, office and residential real estate assets throughout the United States with loan sizes of $10 – $800 million, some of which loans were subsequently included in CMBS and CLO pools
- Represented a national private lending fund in the acquisition and origination of performing and non-performing mezzanine loans secured by hotel, office and residential real estate assets throughout the United States
- Represented a leading international bank in the formation of a joint venture and the acquisition of 27 multi-family residential apartment complexes across the United States for a purchase price of $1.5 billion
- Represented a private equity investment company in a joint venture for the re-development of a luxury residential and retail complex with three levels of debt financing, Opportunity Zone tax benefits and a historic tax credit investment
- Represented a leading investment advisory and asset management company in the purchase of a portfolio of real estate investment funds in Asia, North America and Europe with approximately $12.5 billion in gross real estate assets
- Represented owners of a National Football League team in one of the largest stadium financings ever to close in the United States, including a public offering of $659 million auction rate bonds, a customized swap product designed to protect against changes in interest rates and credit spreads, a $150 million loan from the National Football League and a ground lease and development agreement with the state. Later represented the same client in a partial refinancing and restructuring transaction of the same bonds, including negotiating and drafting a master and supplemental indenture and drafting offering materials for private placement of the refinancing bonds
- Represented one of the largest owners and managers of commercial real estate in the United States in the refinancing of a prominent Manhattan Class A office building in a single-asset CMBS financing with loan proceeds of $950 million
- Represented one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in United States in a single-issuer CMBS financing secured by cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted first-lien mortgages on 261 fee-owned properties throughout the United States and the simultaneous consummation of senior and junior mezzanine debt financing for aggregate loan proceeds of $550 million