Kevin is the managing partner of the firm and a member of the firm’s executive committee. Kevin is also a co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Finance Practice. Kevin’s practice concentrates on real estate finance, with particular attention to institutional and structured transactions, as well project and construction finance matters. Kevin has particular expertise with respect to REIT and Fund credit facilities, including secured and unsecured borrowing base transactions and subscription secured lines. Kevin also has extensive experience closing multi-property healthcare real estate financings. He frequently consults with and advises financial institutions and lending syndicates in all types of financial matters, including underwriting and facility structuring, collateral enhancement and risk mitigation, covenant requirements, and agency and co-lender rights and remedies. He also has extensive experience representing lenders in the restructure, resolution, and liquidation of problem loan situations, including an extended term as designated counsel to various workout groups of a national banking client of the firm handling adversarial workouts, modifications, and troubled debt restructures.
Kevin has been a speaker on numerous educational and professional panels. Among them are several Boston Bar Association panels on the real estate finance market and various legal education seminars on real estate finance.
- Represented agent in $1.4 billion unsecured revolving line of credit and $200 million term loan for a public REIT
- Represented agent in $560 million subscription secured financing for a real estate investment fund
- Represented agent in $205 million unencumbered revolving line to the operating partnership of a private REIT
- Represented agent in $475 million healthcare financing secured by 66 properties
- Represented agent in $300 million real estate secured revolving credit facilities for a retail public UPREIT
- Represented agent in $100 million mortgage secured borrowing base line established in connection with an IPO of an industrial REIT
- Represented agent in $100 million construction financing for retail complex
- Represented agent in $725 million structured finance facilities for a national real estate master partnership secured by equity pledges
- Represented lender in $325 million acquisition line to a private investment partnership
In The NewsMoreLess
Kevin Lyons speaks at NAIOP event – Kevin Lyons spoke at NAIOP’s January seminar, “Lending in the Commonwealth – What to Expect in 2009.” Kevin was quoted in Banker & Tradesman on what lenders are currently looking for in interest rates. He also discussed why lenders are cautious about syndicated loans now.
Banker & Tradesman Daily, January 15, 2009
Mission Recognition (Solomon McCown blog), January 16, 2009
Panelist, Participations and Syndications, Greater Boston Real Estate Board/Real Estate Finance Association, October 2011
Awards & HonorsMoreLess
Named a United Way of Massachusetts Bay philanthropic leader of the legal community, 2012