Martha is a senior partner in the firm’s Real Estate Finance Group. She primarily represents local and regional lenders in a variety of commercial real estate mortgage, acquisition, refinance, and construction loan transactions in Massachusetts and other states, and assists out of state lenders and counsel lending in Massachusetts with review of Massachusetts real estate issues. As part of her practice, Martha also reviews and advises on real estate and title insurance issues, purchase and sale transactions, and zoning opinions for developers and lending institutions.
- Representation of regional lenders for construction loans to local developers of stores for national pharmacy chain and construction of retail and banking branches
- Documentation of line of credit acquisition and construction financing for major developer in connection with multi-phase project in Newton, Massachusetts
- Representation of area banks as administrative agent for multi-lender line of credit loans with major regional retail developer
- Representation of regional banks for construction loans to national developer of assisted care facilities in Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Representation of regional lenders as lead bank for construction loans to local and national sponsors of apartment and multi-family complexes in Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Assist national lender in preparation of mortgages and review of title issues for multi-state collateral loans
In The NewsMoreLess
Faigen of Riemer & Braunstein LLP: Changes in real estate practice – looking back – As a practicing woman attorney in commercial real estate finance for more than thirty years, Martha Faigen has witnessed first-hand the many positive changes that have taken place in the real estate industry, as greater numbers of women have entered the real estate arena and moved up the professional ladder.
New England Real Estate Journal, November 25, 2011
- Instructor, Boston University Metropolitan College, Real Estate Transactions
- Panelist, Participations and Syndications, Greater Boston Real Estate Board/Real Estate Finance Association, October 2011
- Panelist, Current Ethical Issues in the Practice of Real Estate Law, Boston Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, October 2010